- Technology: Although it is a hub for information technology, India is only #50 on the world’s most networked economies list, partly due to its poor ICT infrastructure.
- Health: According to a survey, in the next decade, one in 20 female deaths in India between the ages 30 to 69 will be caused by smoking. (Source: India Today)
- Citizen Advocacy: Indian citizens are submitting an open letter to the Prime Minister urging the reconsideration of a bill that would place restrictive regulations on civil society organizations receiving foreign contributions.
- Business: New Ventures India launched a Coaches Network at the Green Investor Summit. The members of this network would devote time in nurturing seed and early stage green companies. (Source: Business Wire India)
- Agriculture: Via the UN News Centre: The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) today bestowed its highest award, the Agricola Medal, on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for his efforts to spur agricultural development and reduce hunger and poverty in India.
Filed under: Agriculture, Energy, Environment, Government, Grassroots Initiatives, Health, NGOs and Non-profits, Research, Technology | Tagged: Agricola Medal, Agriculture, business, Energy, Environment, FAO, foreign contribution, government regulations, Green Investor Summit, Manmohan Singh, networked economies, new ventures india, Research, smoking, Technology, women |