Here is what looks to be an amazing opportunity to work for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Here is the description:
Independent Consultant: South Asia
Agricultural Development Department, Market Access Team
Global Development Program
We are searching for a full time consulting resource to help us shape our strategic approach to India and assist our grant development activities and serve as an important point of contact and interface for our South Asian partners, both potential and current grantees. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and excellent problem solving, analytical and communication skills. Specific responsibilities will include:
* Provide ongoing research, background information, and analytical support to seize new opportunities and develop strategies in South Asia (India and Bangladesh) in the agricultural development/ market access area
– Create analytic frameworks and execute analysis in priority areas
– Develop, execute and manage external partnerships and contracts for landscaping and other analytical work
– Identify and engage qualified subject thought leaders, technical experts, and consultants in priority areas for meetings, technical consult review, and other program activities
– Prepare regular reports and presentations for a variety of purposes and audiences
* Summarize key activities, progress, and issues around our strategies
* Identify and cultivate opportunities for the development of strategic alliances and contribute to the development of grants, strategies, programs, and partnerships
* Facilitate, coordinate and manage a range of projects and activities related to evaluating, developing, preparing and monitoring specific grants
* Organize and facilitate meetings and convenings with high level experts and decision makers in South Asia, incl. preparing the ackground analysis and documents
* Travel as necessary throughout South Asia and to foundation headquarters in Seattle, Washington
* A Bachelor’s Degree and professional experience which includes experience in a similar role requiring the application of research and writing skills to enhance decision-making and strategy development. An advanced degree in economics, or an agriculture- related field would be ideal.
* Experience working with agriculture or other related development issues in South Asia
* Experience in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple and competing demands and establish priorities, while providing continual attention to detail in proofing materials, tracking projects and grants.
* Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills
* Experience in a role requiring collaboration within an organization, as well as a demonstrated ability to work with efficiency and diplomacy, particularly as part of a team effort.
Tjada D’Oyen McKenna
Program Officer, Agricultural Development
E tjada.mckenna@ gatesfoundation. org
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation