- India-Africa relations: India and Africa continue to take steps to improve cooperation over shared desires to have a seat on the UN Security Council.
- Health Technology: The first artificial heart transplant in all of Asia was conducted in Bangalore.
- Voting Technology: Bangalore’s state voting machines will now have the ability to vote using Braille for blind voters.
- Quotas: The Supreme Court is slated to decide on a law that would establish a 27% OBC quota in central educational institutions. Reaching our limits on this subject, we have another story on quotas. In Maharashtra, a workers union is demanding an 80% quota for Marathi-speaking locals in the private sector.
- Higher education: A previously planned joint endeavor between Japan and IIT-Bihar has fell through.
Filed under: Basic Rights, Education, Employment, Government, Health, Research, Technology | Tagged: Africa, artificial health transplant, Bangalore, Braille, OBC, Supreme Court, UN Security Council | 1 Comment »